Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Elephant in the Room

So, sexual harassment in this country is ridiculous. Just putting it out there. I don't think I know a single woman here who hasn't been harassed in one way or another. Anything from catcalling, staring (somewhat entertainingly blatant staring), and meowing (o yes, meowing) to touching, groping and kissing. I don't know what it is about this country, but sometimes it drives me completely crazy. Don't worry everyone, in general it's completely harmless, but it's frustrating and sometimes downright disturbing, because the cops don't give a shit and won't (and can't) do anything about it. I mean men are /touching/ women (on thighs, butts, breasts) on the streets and in cabs and it doesn't seem to bother people here enough to do anything about it. What the F.

No comments:

Post a Comment